Monday, May 5, 2014

Final Project



I created a video essay for my final project. The thesis is how violence as entered our society. I included a majority of the topics talked about in class. The following were discussed:

Questions: When discussing how and why violence has become a part of our society, it is important to ask questions regarding nature vs. nurture.
Evolution comes into play right off the bat when looking at the evolution of guns. We must note that life is a battle of the survival of the fittest
American violence is noted when recapping the role of firearms in the Astor Place Riots and Haymarket Bombing.
Nature and Nurture is discovered when wondering about if violence is naturally in our system or if we have been taught to be violent.
Violence in the media is also suspected for teaching us to be violent.
Auto-destructive art is found in the first image we see in the video. While the evolution of firearms are in a circle, we notice that each gun is shooting the one in front of it and destroying itself. Therefore, auto-destructive art.
Random Dance is speculated to use violent instincts as a way to portray the human mind.
Stage Combat is used in films and stage productions to simulate violent events.
Curiosity is explored when physiologists begin to ask why murderers kill people.

In this project, I learned about creating a video essay and important things to include. It was challenging for me to find the perfect source material to enhance my point and thesis. It was also extremely challenging to put all of the units together to come up with a final project. Overall, I think the video essay came out very well.
If I could change my project, I’d try to make it more exciting and interactive. It is currently very boring and mind-numbing to watch. I’d add some more humorous elements or make it a little more creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment